Cash donations give Guiding Light the most flexibility, but there are certain items that our men always need. We have continuing need for the following:
- Underwear and T-shirts (L, XL, 2XL)
- Men’s belts
- Steel Toed Boots
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste, and floss
- Body wash/soap
- Combs or brushes
- Disposable razors and shaving cream
- Seasonal items (hats, gloves, thermal underwear, sun screen)
You can drop off your donations at: Guiding Light, 255 Division S, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
Additional Opportunities for Giving
We strive to be good stewards of the building and properties we own. We work continuously to maintain them. However, we need some help with the following projects, which are above and beyond our standard maintenance. If you are interested in helping either with labor or materials and equipment, or both, please contact Olivia at 616.451.0236 x13 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will pair you with the correct person from the right department. Thank you for considering Guiding Light as an outlet for your talents, treasures and time. Here are our lists:
- Carpet in several offices
- Fencing to go around water heaters
- Indoor/Outdoor black rugs
- The food warmer (aka, Hot Box) next to the serving line is in need of a new motor
- Kitchen tile floor either needs to be replaced or re-grouted
- We are accepting donations of used bicycles on behalf of Freedom in Motion at our 255 Division Ave S location. Freedom in Motion will restore them to safe-working order and distribute them to anyone in need of reliable, inexpensive transportation.
Because we are a 501(c)3 non-profit registered with the State of Michigan as a homeless shelter, your in-kind donations may be eligible for tax deductions. Please consult your tax advisor for eligibility requirements.